Sunday, October 11, 2009

It's Mathematical!: Chris Bathgate sculpting

After seeing only a few images of these abstractly avant gard sculptures, I immediately knew Chris Bathgate deserved a place on my blog.
Photobucket
*image credit- Chris Bathgate*

The whole time I clicked through the gallery on his website, a wide eyed grin adorned my face.
Resembling alien or futuristic devices of such innovative, intricate design & construction, these artifacts look as if created by a more technologically advanced society. Chris Bathgate has made art that appears to be finely crafted pieces of machinery, or even fully functioning engineering... ready to do science.
So very beautifully sci-fi!
Like magnificent props from a big budget movie.
In an ideal world, most of these items would be enhancing the decor in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment